This certification verifies that professionals in the desktop support technician role possess the knowledge of customer service and service management processes, as well as the necessary best practices, to provide high quality service and support at the desk-side.
Desktop support professionals spend much of the day visiting customers at their workstations or home offices, providing technical support for many desktop systems.
HDI Desktop Support Technician training focuses on key support center processes and concepts to improve overall support operations, as well as customer service and interpersonal skills that improve the customer’s experience.
What You Will Learn:
- Proven techniques for improving on-site customer interaction
- How service level agreements impact workflow and prioritization of requests
- Seven key steps for effective root cause analysis
- The ITIL® processes of incident, problem, change, release, asset, and configuration management
- An overview of security management and knowledge management
- Essential time management and problem-solving skills
- Effective strategies for managing difficult customers
Who Should Attend?
- Technical support professionals who provide in-person support to internal employees, remote workers, or external customers and require skills specific to this unique form of customer contact
- Individuals who are preparing for the HDI Desktop Support Technician certification exam
|June 15, 2017||June 16, 2017||Montreal|
Unit 1: Support Center Overview
- The Evolution of the Support Center
- Role of Desktop Support Technician
- Support Cent
Unit 2: Strategic Framework
- Strategic Perspective
- Service Level Agreements
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Business Alignmen
Unit 3: Service Delivery Methods and Technology
- Service Delivery Methods
- Telephony Systems
- Service Management Systems
Unit 4: Support Center Processes and Operations
- IT Service Management
- ITIL Service Support
- Security Management
- Knowledge Management
- Quality Assurance
Unit 5: Customer Management Skills
- Total Contact Ownership
- Procedures for Call Handling
- Procedures for On-Site Visits
Unit 6: Communication Skills
- The Communication Process
- Cultural Sensitivity
- Vocal Elements
- Active Listening
- Body Language
- Incident Documentation
- Writing Skills
Unit 7: Problem-solving and Troubleshooting Skills
- Problem-solving and Types of Thinking
- Questioning Skills
- Solve Incidents with IMPACT
- Additional Customer Service Skills
- Root Cause Analysis
Unit 8: Maximizing Effectiveness
- Your Customer’s Psychological Needs
- Handling Conflict
- Difficult Customer Behaviors
- Stress Management
- The Power of a Service Attitude
- Managing Your Use of Time
Register or Inquire
The certification exam is included with training purchased directly from HDI. It may also be purchased separately. The exam must be completed within 12 weeks of purchase.
The certification exam is based on the Desktop Support Certification Certification Standard and is delivered online through the HDI Learning Center.
Each exam consists of 65 multiple choice questions and must be completed in 75 minutes. A minimum score of 80 percent is required to pass a certification exam, unless otherwise published. Individuals who achieve the passing score will receive a certificate from HDI acknowledging their accomplishment and a credentialing logo that may be added to signature blocks and business cards.
Our courses are developed from the certification standards and are designed to assist a student in preparing for an HDI certification exam. They reinforce the core concepts of the certification standards and provide skills-building opportunities for the attendees
The certification exam is randomly generated from a pool of pre-authorized exam questions. As a result, each certification exam is different. The questions have been classified by the categories of the HDI Standard. The certification exam is designed to test the candidate’s knowledge in each category.
The number of questions presented from each category is based on the certification weighting. When the time available to study prior to taking a certification exam is limited, consider the certification weighting and review the categories with the highest allocations.
The following table represents the weighting for each of the standards categories within the certification exam. This information is provided to help you focus as you prepare for the exam.
|Policy and Strategy||5 %|
|People Management||10 %|
|Process and Procedures||50 %|
|Performance Results||5 %|
A 28-day extension is available for an online exam: details
Exam retakes can be purchased for a fee: details
Exam insurance now available: details