This certification verifies that front-line technical support professionals possess the knowledge and skills required to provide quality service and support. It ensures they understand service management processes and best practices, while providing a competitive edge for career advancement.
Help desk professionals and support center analysts provide frontline support and act as the primary contact for customers. It is important that these service desk professionals provide the highest quality customer care with every interaction.
HDI Support Center Analyst training focuses on strategies for effective customer service, emphasizing problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, call-handling procedures, incident management, communication skills, and an introduction to ITIL®processes.
What You Will Learn:
- The process of incident management, from detection and recording to closure
- Critical thinking skills to resolve incidents quickly and consistently
- The importance of total contact ownership
- An awareness of the core help desk processes and best practices used in service and support centers
- Valuable active listening skills and effective communication strategies
- Proven techniques for improving customer interactions
- Effective support center strategies for managing difficult customers
Who Should Attend?
- Frontline technical support staff who need to learn the critical steps required to effectively manage and prioritize incidents and reduce escalations, and who need to master the essential customer service skills required to manage difficult customers and improve overall customer satisfaction
- Individuals who are preparing for the HDI Support Center Analyst certification exam
|Start Date||End Date||Delivery Location|
|April 14, 2016||April 15, 2016||Vancouver|
|May 9, 2016||May 10, 2016||Regina|
|June 2, 2016||June 3, 2016||Toronto|
|June 15, 2016||June 16, 2016||Montreal|
|July 21, 2016||July 22, 2016||Toronto|
|August 18, 2016||August 19, 2016||Vancouver|
|September 21, 2016||September 22, 2016||Montreal|
|October 20, 2016||October 21, 2016||Ottawa|
|November 17, 2016||November 18, 2016||Toronto|
|December 14, 2016||December 15, 2016||Calgary|
Unit 1: Evolution of the Support Center
- Evolution of the Support Center
- Role of the Support Analyst
- Support Center’s Role in the Business
Unit 2: Strategic Framework
- Strategic Perspective
- Service Level Agreements
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Business Alignment
Unit 3: Service Delivery Methods and Technology
- Service Delivery Methods
- Telephony Systems
- Service Management Systems
Unit 4: Support Center Processes and Operations
- Best Practices for IT Service Management
- ITIL Service Support
- Security Management
- Knowledge Management
- Quality Assurance
Unit 5: Call Handling Procedures
- Total Contact Ownership
- Procedures for Call Handling
Unit 6: Communication Skills
- Communication Process
- Cultural Sensitivity
- Vocal Elements
- Active Listening
- Incident Documentation
- Writing Skills
Unit 7: Problem-Solving and Troubleshooting Skills
- Problem-Solving Skills and Types of Thinking
- Questioning Skills
- Solve Incidents with IMPACT
- Additional Customer Service Skills
- Root Cause Analysis
Unit 8: Maximizing Effectiveness
- Your Customer’s Psychological Needs
- Handling Conflict
- Handling Difficult Customer Behaviors
- Stress Management
- The Power of a Service Attitude
- Managing Your Use of Time
- Managing Your Career
Register or Inquire
The certification exam is included with training purchased. It may also be purchased separately. The exam must be completed within 12 weeks of purchase.
The certification exam is based on the HDI Support Center Analyst (HDI-SCA) Certification Standard and is delivered online through the HDI Learning Center.
Each exam consists of 65 multiple choice questions and must be completed in 75 minutes. A minimum score of 80 percent is required to pass a certification exam, unless otherwise published. Individuals who achieve the passing score will receive a certificate from HDI acknowledging their accomplishment and a credentialing logo that may be added to signature blocks and business cards.
Our courses are developed from the certification standards and are designed to assist a student in preparing for an HDI certification exam. They reinforce the core concepts of the certification standards and provide skills-building opportunities for the attendees
The certification exam is randomly generated from a pool of pre-authorized exam questions. As a result, each certification exam is different. The questions have been classified by the categories of the HDI Standard. The certification exam is designed to test the candidate’s knowledge in each category.
The number of questions presented from each category is based on the certification weighting. When the time available to study prior to taking a certification exam is limited, consider the certification weighting and review the categories with the highest allocations.
The following table represents the weighting for each of the standards categories within the certification exam. This information is provided to help you focus as you prepare for the exam.
|Policy and Strategy||10 %|
|People Management||10 %|
|Process and Procedures||45 %|
|Performance Results||5 %|
A 28-day extension is available for an online exam: details
Exam retakes can be purchased for a fee: details
Exam insurance now available: details