This certification verifies that the support center director possesses the knowledge of service management best and common practices necessary to strategically align their department with organizational goals, gain senior management support for service improvements, and promote the support center value.
Gaining the support of senior management and effectively communicating the pivotal role of the support center are crucial to any support operation’s success. For these reasons, support center directors must serve as support leaders and strategically align the support center with the organization.
The 3 day HDI Support Center Director (HDI-SCD) training focuses on the development and execution of strategic plans that will take the organization to the next level. Participants discover how to realize greater return on investment, develop and maintain formal procedures for increased productivity and consistency, and manage customer perceptions.
What You Will Learn:
- Assessment strategies for the support center
- How to quantify your support center’s value and maximize return on investment
- Twelve step process and decision matrix for selecting technologies and vendors
- The requirements of an effective service catalog
- How to align support strategies with business goals and objectives
- Knowledge management processes that can save you time and money
- Strategies for workforce management, coaching, team building, and succession planning
- How to justify a service improvement project with a business case
- Valuable reporting tools: balanced scorecard, morning report, and executive brief
- Selecting the right leading and lagging indicators
Who Should Attend?
- Seasoned technical service and support leaders who are responsible for their organizations’ overall service delivery and provide strategic direction, financial accountability, and performance reporting
- Individuals who are preparing for the HDI Support Center Director certification exam
July 24, 2017
July 26, 2017
Unit 1: Executive Leadership
- The Role of the Support Center Director
- Support Center Maturity
- Managing as a Business
- Best Practices and Frameworks
Unit 2: Business Planning and Strategy
- Building the Strategy
- Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats
- IT Financial Management
- Cost, Value, and Return on Investment
- Managing Expectations
Unit 3: Support Center Processes
- IT Service Management
- ITIL® Service Support
- ITIL Service Delivery
- Knowledge Management
Unit 4: Tools and Technology
- Technology Strategies
- Determining Technology Needs
- Managing Vendor Relationships
Unit 5: Metrics and Quality Assurance
- Operational Metrics
- Performance Reporting
- Continuous Improvement
Unit 6: People Management
- Sourcing Strategies
- Workforce Management
- Team Building
Unit 7: Organizational Development
- Managing Organizational Change
- Global Awareness and Diversity
- Service Ethics
Unit 8: Marketing the Support Center
- Promoting Value
- Successful Marketing
Unit 9: Creating a Business Case
- The Purpose of a Business Case
- The Anatomy of a Business Case
- Presenting the Business Case
Register or Inquire
The certification exam is included with training purchased. It may also be purchased separately. The exam must be completed within 12 weeks of purchase.
The certification exam is based on the HDI Support Center Director (HDI-SCD) Certification Standard and is delivered online through the HDI Learning Center.
Each exam consists of 65 multiple choice questions and must be completed in 75 minutes. A minimum score of 80 percent is required to pass a certification exam, unless otherwise published. Individuals who achieve the passing score will receive a certificate from HDI acknowledging their accomplishment and a credentialing logo that may be added to signature blocks and business cards.
Our courses are developed from the certification standards and are designed to assist a student in preparing for an HDI certification exam. They reinforce the core concepts of the certification standards and provide skills-building opportunities for the attendees.
The certification exam is randomly generated from a pool of pre-authorized exam questions. As a result, each certification exam is different. The questions have been classified by the categories of the HDI Standard. The certification exam is designed to test the candidate’s knowledge in each category.
The number of questions presented from each category is based on the certification weighting. When the time available to study prior to taking a certification exam is limited, consider the certification weighting and review the categories with the highest allocations.
The following table represents the weighting for each of the standards categories within the certification exam. This information is provided to help you focus as you prepare for the exam.
|Policy and Strategy||20 %|
|People Management||20 %|
|Process and Procedures||20 %|
|Performance Results||10 %|
A 28-day extension is available for an online exam: details
Exam retakes can be purchased for a fee: details
Exam insurance now available: details