This certification verifies that support professionals in a team lead or supervisor role possess the fundamental management and leadership skills necessary to provide operational support to the organization and the coaching skills to promote staff development.
Support center team leads serve as the communication link between the team and the manager as well as the first point of internal escalation for the customer.
HDI Support Center Team Lead training ensures that participants learn how to deliver exceptional customer support, promote process improvement, coach for success, and take charge of the day-to-day operational activities of a team. This course is designed for support professionals who need to develop fundamental management and leadership skills.
What You Will Learn:
- Essential team lead management and leadership skills
- The importance of service level agreements and operational level agreements
- The ITIL® processes of incident, problem, change, release, asset, and configuration management
- An overview of security management and knowledge management
- Strategies for managing conflict
- The essentials of people management: hiring, scheduling, evaluating, and retaining employees
- An eight-step method for effective coaching
- Proven team-building and motivational techniques
- Essential performance metrics and key performance indicators
Who Should Attend?
- Technical support professionals who must understand support center processes and best practices and master important daily functions like quality assurance monitoring, coaching, and escalation
- Individuals who are preparing for the HDI Support Center Team Lead certification exam
|April 12, 2016||April 13, 2016||Vancouver|
|June 6, 2016||June 7, 2016||Montreal|
|August 22, 2016||August 23, 2016||Vancouver|
|October 24, 2016||October 25, 2016||Ottawa|
|November 21, 2016||November 22, 2016||Toronto|
|December 12, 2016||December 13, 2016||Calgary|
Unit 1: Support Center Overview
- Evolution of the Support Center
- Role of the Support Center
Unit 2: Role of the Support Center Team Lead
- Role of the SCTL
- Effective Leadership
- Emotional Intelligence
- Managing Relationships
Unit 3: Business Planning and Strategy
- Strategic Perspective
- Building a Strategy
- Service Level Management
- Business Alignment
Unit 4: Support Center Processes
- Best Practices for Support
- Service Operations
- Additional Processes
- Knowledge Management
Unit 5: Technologies and Service Delivery Methods
- Service Desk Infrastructure
- Telephony Infrastructure
- Service Delivery Methods
- Service Management Systems
Unit 6: Workforce Management and Training
- Workforce Management
- Sourcing and Recruitment
Unit 7: Communication and Coaching
- Global Awareness
- Managing Conflict
Unit 8: Teamwork, Motivation, and Retention
- Motivation,Rewards, Recognition
- Performance Management
Unit 9: Metrics and Quality Assurance
- Quality Assurance
- Using Surveys
- Performance Report
- Promoting the Support Center
Register or Inquire
The certification exam is included with training purchased. It may also be purchased separately. The exam must be completed within 12 weeks of purchase.
The certification exam is based on the HDI Support Center Team Lead (HDI-SCTL) Certification Standard and is delivered online through the HDI Learning Center.
Each exam consists of 65 multiple choice questions and must be completed in 75 minutes. A minimum score of 80 percent is required to pass a certification exam, unless otherwise published. Individuals who achieve the passing score will receive a certificate from HDI acknowledging their accomplishment and a credentialing logo that may be added to signature blocks and business cards.
Our courses are developed from the certification standards and are designed to assist a student in preparing for an HDI certification exam. They reinforce the core concepts of the certification standards and provide skills-building opportunities for the attendees
The certification exam is randomly generated from a pool of pre-authorized exam questions. As a result, each certification exam is different. The questions have been classified by the categories of the HDI Standard. The certification exam is designed to test the candidate’s knowledge in each category.
The number of questions presented from each category is based on the certification weighting. When the time available to study prior to taking a certification exam is limited, consider the certification weighting and review the categories with the highest allocations.
The following table represents the weighting for each of the standards categories within the certification exam. This information is provided to help you focus as you prepare for the exam
|Policy and Strategy||10 %|
|People Management||30 %|
|Process and Procedures||15 %|
|Performance Results||5 %|
A 28-day extension is available for an online exam: details
Exam retakes can be purchased for a fee: details
Exam insurance now available: details