This certification verifies that customer service professionals are knowledgeable in the skills and techniques required to provide exceptional customer service and support in both support center and call center environments. It ensures they understand how to assess customer needs while exceeding their expectations.
Frontline customer service representatives interact with your customers every day. Do they have the skills to create first-rate customer experiences? This skills-building and certification course introduces the skills and techniques required to provide outstanding customer service and support.
HDI Customer Service Representative (HDI-CSR) training focuses on call handling best practices, communication and listening techniques, documentation, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills, conflict negotiation, and responses to difficult customer behaviors.
|June 9, 2017||June 9, 2017||Montreal|
Unit 1: Your Role in the Support Center
- Role of Customer Service Representative
- Support Center’s Role in Business
- Total Contact Ownership
- Call Handling Procedures
- Quality Assurance
Unit 2: Communication Skills
- The Communication Process
- Cultural Sensitivity
- Vocal Elements
- Active Listening
- Incident Documentation
- Writing Skills
Unit 3: Problem-solving and Troubleshooting Skills
- Problem-solving and Types of Thinking
- Questioning Skills
- Solve Incidents
- Request Fulfillment
- Knowledge Management
- Power of Service Attitude
Unit 4: Maximizing Effectiveness
- Your Customer’s Psychological Needs
- Emotional Intelligence
- Handling Conflict
- Difficult Customer Behaviors
- Stress Management
- The Power of a Service Attitude
What You will Learn:
- How to assess customer business needs and exceed customer expectations
- Critical thinking skills to resolve incidents quickly and consistently
- Active listening skills and effective communication strategies
- How to identify and defuse challenging customer behavior
- An awareness of the core processes and best practices used in service and support
Who Should Attend?
- Support professionals from customer service centers, call centers, and support centers who want to refine their communication skills and learn best practices that can help improve customer experiences
- Individuals who are preparing for the HDI Customer Service Representative certification exam
The certification exam is included with training purchased directly from HDI. It may also be purchased separately. The exam must be completed within 12 weeks of purchase.
The certification exam is based on the HDI Customer Service Representative (HDI-CSR) Certification Standard and is delivered online through the HDI Learning Center.
Each exam consists of 65 multiple choice questions and must be completed in 75 minutes. A minimum score of 80 percent is required to pass a certification exam, unless otherwise published. Individuals who achieve the passing score will receive a certificate from HDI acknowledging their accomplishment and a credentialing logo that may be added to signature blocks and business cards.
Our courses are developed from the certification standards and are designed to assist a student in preparing for an HDI certification exam. They reinforce the core concepts of the certification standards and provide skills-building opportunities for the attendees
The certification exam is randomly generated from a pool of pre-authorized exam questions. As a result, each certification exam is different. The questions have been classified by the categories of the HDI Standard. The certification exam is designed to test the candidate’s knowledge in each category.
The number of questions presented from each category is based on the certification weighting. When the time available to study prior to taking a certification exam is limited, consider the certification weighting and review the categories with the highest allocations.
The following table represents the weighting for each of the standards categories within the certification exam. This information is provided to help you focus as you prepare for the exam.
|Policy and Strategy||10 %|
|People Management||10 %|
|Process and Procedures||55 %|
|Performance Results||5 %|
A 28-day extension is available for an online exam: details
Exam retakes can be purchased for a fee: details
Exam insurance now available: details