This certification verifies that technical support professionals who serve as an escalation point by providing level 2 or level 3 support possess the latest skills and knowledge based on customer service and service management best practices. For all members of the support chain, this certification ensures professionals are equipped to provide superior technical support.
The technical support professional is a role that individuals assume when they assist with providing support services. This role services as an escalation point for support centers by providing level 2 or level 3 support. They may work directly with customers or with other departments to resolve issues related to the organizations products and/or the IT infrastructure that enables the business.
The HDI Technical Support Professional training focuses on customer service and service management best practices, emphasizing responsive incident escalation, the importance of metrics measurement, knowledge management, problem management, improving teamwork, and stress management.
What You Will Learn:
- Customer service best practices
- Communications skills
- Service management best practices and terms
- Importance of being responsive to incident escalation and the need to log information properly
- Purpose and value of quality assurance monitoring
- Metrics used to monitor performance of the team, the individual, and how success is determined
- Knowledge management best practices
- How to improve problem solving and problem management
- How to improve teamwork and relationships
Who Should Attend?
- Technical support professionals who serve as the escalation point for one or more support centers and desktop support teams
- Individuals who are preparing for the HDI Technical Support Professional certification exam
May 11, 2017
May 12, 2017
July 27, 2017
July 28, 2017
September 21, 2017
September 22, 2017
October 26, 2017
October 27, 2017
November 23, 2017
November 24, 2017
Unit 1: Support Center Overview
- The Support Organization’s Role in Business
- Role of the Technical Support Professional
- Value of the Technical Support Professional
Unit 2: Strategic Framework
- Strategic Perspective
- The Service Catalog
- Service Level Management
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Business Alignment
Unit 3: Support Processes and Operations
- Best Practices
- Service Operation Functions
- Service Operation Processes
- Service Design Processes
- Service Transition Processes
Unit 4: Continual Service Improvement Process
- Continual Service Improvement
- Quality Assurance
- Performance Reporting
Unit 5: Support Delivery Methods & Technology
- Support Center Infrastructure
- Support Delivery Methods
- Cloud Services
- Remote Management
- Service Management Systems
Unit 6: Communication Skills
- Communicating with Stakeholders
- Communication Barriers
- Communication Filters
- Communication Enablers
- Global Communication
- Vocal Elements
- Body Language
- Active Listening
Unit 7: Customer Management Skills
- Your Customer’s Psychological Needs
- Emotional Intelligence
- Handling Conflict
- Customer Competency Levels
Unit 8: Problem-Solving and Troubleshooting Skills
- Problem-Solving Approach
- Questioning Skills
- Handling Escalations
- Investigation and Diagnosis
- Root Cause Analysis
- Effective Documentation
Unit 9: Teamwork, Time Management, and Stress Management
- Time Management Skills
- Stress Management Skills
Register or Inquire
The certification exam is included with training purchased. It may also be purchased separately. The exam must be completed within 12 weeks of purchase.
The certification exam is based on the HDI Technical Support Professional Certification Standard and is delivered online through the HDI Learning Center.
Each exam consists of 65 multiple choice questions and must be completed in 75 minutes. A minimum score of 80 percent is required to pass a certification exam, unless otherwise published. Individuals who achieve the passing score will receive a certificate from HDI acknowledging their accomplishment and a credentialing logo that may be added to signature blocks and business cards.
Our courses are developed from the certification standards and are designed to assist a student in preparing for an HDI certification exam. They reinforce the core concepts of the certification standards and provide skills-building opportunities for the attendees.
The certification exam is randomly generated from a pool of pre-authorized exam questions. As a result, each certification exam is different. The questions have been classified by the categories of the HDI Standard. The certification exam is designed to test the candidate’s knowledge in each category.
The number of questions presented from each category is based on the certification weighting. When the time available to study prior to taking a certification exam is limited, consider the certification weighting and review the categories with the highest allocations.
The following table represents the weighting for each of the standards categories within the certification exam. This information is provided to help you focus as you prepare for the exam.
|Policy and Strategy||5 %|
|People Management||10 %|
|Process and Procedures||50 %|
A 28-day extension is available for an online exam: details
Exam retakes can be purchased for a fee: details
Exam insurance now available: details